Smart Vent Review: Each and Every Question Answered
Even after having a smart thermostat or AC in the house, some places are too hot or cold and rooms where you want some degree lower than others. But the thermostat alone doesn’t seem to give the solution to the problem. The smart vent system is the answer to this small yet critical issue.
The main idea of smart vent technology is to eliminate extreme hot or cold spots in the house so that the entire home becomes more comfortable. This write-up provides all the information you need to know about smart vents. This smart vent review will elaborate its uses, benefits, and drawbacks without hiding any facts so that the user can have an ideal vent for them.
First, have a look at the top 10 smart vent.
- Flair smart vent
- Keen smart vent
- Ecovent Smart Wall Vent
- Cyclone 9004151 Automatic Register Booster Fan
- Smart Vent Insulated Foundation Flood Vents, Model 1540-520
- AC Infinity AIRTAP T6
- Flood Vent, Model 1540-570
- Ambi Climate 2 Smart Air Conditioner Controller
- Kenmore Smart 04277127 room-air-conditioners
- Frigidaire FGRC1044T1
Table of Contents
- 1 Comparison Table of Top10 Smart Vent:
- 2 Reviews of 10 smart vents:
- 3 1. Flair Smart Vent: Best Customer Choice
- 4 What We Like Most About Flair Smart Vent :
- 5 2.Keen Smart Vent:Best Smart Vent
- 6 3. Ecovent EV612W Smart Wall Vent, 6x12:Best For Wall
- 7 4. Cyclone 9004151 Automatic Register Booster Fan, CM-300w:Best Booster Fan
- 8 5. Smart Vent Insulated Foundation Flood Vent, FEMA Compliant, and ICC-ES Certified - Model 1540-520, 16" x 8."
- 9 6. AC Infinity AIRTAP T6, QUIET REGISTER BOOSTER FAN SYSTEM 6" x 12."
- 10 7. Smart Vent Insulated Foundation Flood Vent, FEMA Compliant and ICC-ES Certified - Model 1540-570: Best Flood Vent Garage Door
- 11 8. Ambi Climate 2 Smart Air Conditioner Controller: Best Auto Temp Controller
- 12 9. Kenmore Smart 04277127 Room-Air-Conditioner, 12,000 BTU, White :Best Room-Air-Conditioner
- 13 10. Frigidaire FGRC1044T1 10000 BTU Smart Window Air Conditioner: Best Smart Air Conditioner
- 14 How to Select Your Perfect Smart Vent:
- 15 How to Setup Smart Vent/Whole House Fan Works:
- 15.1 Frequently Ask Question (FAQ) About Smart Vent:
- 15.2 Bottom Line of Smart Vent Review:
Comparison Table of Top10 Smart Vent:
The following table shows some factors of the 10 best smart vents. A comparison table is best for readers to have a clear and quick idea about the products
Voice Assistant Compatibility
Buy on Amazon
Flair smart vent
Alexa & Google Assistant
Wired or wireless
AC batteries for four years
Keen smart vent
4 AA batteries for two years
4AA batteries, 3 to 5 years
Cyclone 9004151 Automatic Register Booster Fan
Flood Vents, Model 1540-520
AC Infinity AIRTAP T6
Flood Vent, Model 1540-570
Ambi Climate 2 Smart Air Conditioner Controller
Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant, IFTTT
Kenmore Smart 04277127 room-air-conditioners
Reviews of 10 smart vents:
This section will emphasize on the best ten vents. While some of them work with air ventilation, others are used for preventing floodwater. These are selected based on customer review, their characteristics as well as compatibility. Some of the smart vents are compatible with voice assistants that play an essential role for consumers. They are also compatible with a wide range of smart thermostats revealing several options from which users can choose.
The benefits and drawbacks are discussed so that users have an unbiased view of the products and hence can choose accordingly. Some of the vents can be used for a single room, others for 30%, 50%, or 80% of the house. The overall cost is also an issue that should be kept in mind.
1. Flair Smart Vent: Best Customer Choice
What We Like Most About Flair Smart Vent :
- Smart vent for heating and cooling purpose.
- The smart puck has several unique features with motion sensor and thermostat
- The puck can act as remote by controlling AC or mini-splits
- Easy to use the app with many features for users to control vents every day
- Open API enhances options and possibilities
- Flair vent is the smart vent for Nest
- Flair is an Ecobee motorized vent
Flair Smart Vent Review:Best Room by Room Climate Controller
Design and setup:
The outer face of vent is more durable than others because it is made of metal. They come with extra mounting holes and work up to a distance of 260ft radio range. It has the flexibility to connect both wired or wirelessly. The batteries have a long lifetime of 4 years.
The setup is quick, simple, and straightforward. The smart vent installation guide makes the setup easier. There is no need for any drilling or wiring, the existing vent has to be taken out, and the new vent one is put in. The size of the vent is measured by using a measuring tape. These vents will still fit in if the duct opening length is more or less by 0.25 or 0.5 inches.
How does a Flair vent work:
The Flair vent comes with a Puck. This is an all-in-one device that has a motion sensor, can set an exact temperature, and monitor AC or mini-splits. With its unique geofencing feature, it can detect whether the user is inside the home or not. The Bluetooth on the user’s phone helps to realize if the person is in the room or not. As a result, the overall use of energy is reduced. Flair smart vent also works with Ecobee sensor.
The Flair app is understandable and straightforward to use. The app shows all information about the record of temperature, pressure, ambient light, and humidity measured by the puck.
Users have the flexibility to control vents and thermostats remotely. The app gives a seven-day scheduling option where you can set time and temperature or time when the vent should open or close.
The Flair smart vent is compatible with Ecobee,Google Nest thermostat, Honeywell TCC, Honeywell Lyric Google Assistant, Alexa. When the flair vent is paired with Ecobee, the Flair app can connect the mini-split with it.
The open API of this vent allows users to integrate by using codes that are available in github.com.
- It comes in different sizes and has sturdy metal vents
- Flexibility to choose between wired or wireless setup
- Puck acts like a smart thermostat and IR remote to control AC or mini-splits
- Simple and easy installation with a longer battery life of 4 years.
- The motion sensor and geofencing feature can identify whether the room is empty or occupied.
- Flair smart vents are compatible with Nest, Honeywell, Alexa, etc.
- Smart vent with Ecobee works efficiently with each other
- The total cost might be high if users want to achieve a full house effect.
2.Keen Smart Vent:Best Smart Vent
What We Like Most About Keen Smart Vent:
- Keen is the best smart vent for Ecobee sensors.
- Keen home Zigbee smart vent allows setting the individual temperature in each room.
- Keen smart vent works with Google Home to set temperature
Keen Smart Vent Review:
Design and setup:
The smart vent operating instruction is given in detail, and the setup is easy and simple that takes only 20 minutes. The instructions are precisely given, and any amateur can handle it well. Keen smart vent has a battery life of 2 years.
Keen Home smart vent has a plastic design that can replace the existing vents. The front panel is magnetic and doesn’t need to be screwed like other vents. This makes it easier to remove the panel easily or move aside to wipe off dust. There are LED lights that blink red when disconnected from Wi-Fi and green when connected.
Users should do the Keen smart vent maintenance by wiping the dust or any dirt that remains in the vent.
The vent comes with a Smart Bridge and a Temperature Sensor. The Bridge can be said to be the smart vent controller. The official Keen website recommends the use of one Smart Bridge for every 8 Vents. Users should have at least one Bridge on each floor. While the first Bridge connected to the vent acts as a Hub, other additional Bridges will serve as the wireless repeater. Repeaters are needed so that the signal remains strong throughout the house.
The vent needs a smart bridge to connect to the Wi-Fi via low power Zigbee network. Another new addition is the temperature sensor. This allows the user to set an exact temperature for each room. The vent with a temperature sensor will act as a virtual thermostat, and the app will enable users to set a temperature limit. The vent will close before the temperature exceeds the threshold.
The keen home app is user friendly and understandable in use. The app pairs with vents and creates zones in the house. The smart zoning helps to regulate temperature so that, for example, the baby nursery room doesn't become too cold. This saves energy.
The apps have Schedules feature where you can decide when to open/close vents throughout the day. There are four 6-hour blocks to create a schedule; you cannot edit start/end time.
It is compatible with a wide range of smart devices allowing the user to choose flexibly. Keen smart vent work with NestLearning Thermostat, Ecobee4, Wink, and SmartThings(Learn How are you integrating your Keen Smart Vents?). It supports IFTTT, which can modify any situation. Keen vent with Home assistant allows the possibility for users to customize several commands. For example, when the front door is opened, turn on the smart vent.
Keen smart vent comes in the following sizes: 4x10, 4x12, 6x10, and 6x12. The smart vent models come in 3 types: ceiling, wall, and floor. They can adjust ducts that are half an inch bigger or smaller in size. The smart vent trim kit offers some extra sizes. The Keen vs. Flair is often discussed as they are competing with each other.
- It comes with a magnetic panel, and the setup is quick and comprehensible.
- Schedules and Zoning feature helps to set the temperature at any time or any independent temperature for rooms.
- Works with existing thermostats, so no need to buy a new one.
- Keen smart vent works with Ecobee
- Easy to use mobile app
- Keen smart vent is compatible with Alexa.
- ‘Schedule’ option doesn’t allow setting exact time.
- Frequent connection interruption.
3. Ecovent EV612W Smart Wall Vent, 6x12:Best For Wall
What We Like Most About Ecovent Smart Wall Vent:
- It gives full coverage of the house, around 80% of the house.
- Easy installation and setup
- Compatible with Alexa
- Save electricity as well as money
- Uniform and soothing temperature throughout the house
Ecovent EV612W Smart Wall Vent, 6x12 Reviews:
the Ecovent smart vent installation is quite flexible. A RemotePro assistant can help users over the phone, or they can hire someone professional to help you. Usually, a house with four bedrooms will take around 2 hours to install the vents.
The Ecovent suggests replacing 80 to 100% of the vents in the house. The vent is wireless and comes with replaceable batteries. There are different vents for floor, wall, and ceiling to maximize the operation. It comes with a Smart Sensor that the weather of each room and react accordingly.
Design and Sizes:
The Ecovent has three types of design for ceiling, floor, and wall. These are unique in their work as per their location. The sweeping surface is plain, and the vents do not make any sound while opening or closing. Compared to other vents, it is quieter by 10dB.
The available sizes that Ecovent comes with are: 4” x 10”, 4” x 12”, 6” x 10” and 6” x 12”.
The Ecovent comes with a hub and Smart Sensor. The sensor detects temperature, pressure, and humidity; these details are passed through a hub. The hub acts as a brain of the vent, which controls the HVAC system and works with smart Thermostats like Sensi. The smart vent balances the entire system of the house.
The static pressure and airflow temperature are measured by a pivot tube. The wall sensors measure the room temperature and ambient pressure. The pressure of the system is the difference between them. If the system detects a rising pressure, the vent automatically opens to give excess airflow for balancing it.
Ecovent smart vent is compatible with the Sensi thermostat. The other well-known integrations, including HomeKit, Wink, SmartThings, or voice assistants, are paving their way to the future. The company is also open to suggestions from users on what more services they want with Ecovent.
Furthermore, the device helps to save the HVAC system that can get damaged due to the closed down of vents. The closed vents can create pressure that can damage the blower motor, and the heating element can become very hot. Ecovent takes care of this issue quickly.
- No hissing sound of the vent while closing or opening
- Compared to the traditional zoning method, Ecovent pricing is cost-effective.
- Very easy to install
- The smart app to help the user control it from home or away.
- Ecovent has separate facilities for contractors or dealers with training material.
- It can be quite costly for some people.
- It is not compatible with various services and products.
4. Cyclone 9004151 Automatic Register Booster Fan, CM-300w:Best Booster Fan
What We Like Most About Cyclone Automatic Booster Fan:
- Removes air from vent to outside
- Reduces cost by saving energy
- It is a smart vent with a built-in thermostat
- Comes in different sizes
Cyclone 9004151 Automatic Register Booster Fan, CM-300w review:
The 3"x10" booster fan has another size of 4"x10". The installation of this booster fan is quite easy, and users can easily do it themselves. The device also comes with an installation manual with proper instructions on the setup.
Users have to set a temperature on which they want their booster fan to work; there are options like off, on, hot, cold. The method of setting up temperature is clearly shown in the video on their website.
Almost all houses with a central conditioning system have a single or multiple rooms with a 'bad airflow' problem. The purpose of this booster fan is to circulate air into those rooms; as a result, the whole house will have proper airflow. The Fan blades are angled at 45° that forces air at the center of the room.
Setting the booster fan:
The Cyclone booster fan comes with a built-in thermostat. It can sync with the AC easily. During summertime, turn the setting to 'cool'. Then insert in on the floor, and the fan should turn on while the AC is running. If users face a problem with this process, they should visit the website for details.
the Automatic control is set by moving to a HOT or COOL option. Or, turn the 'TEMPADJUST' to the desired sensitivity. In the HOT mode, if the most sensitive setting is selected, the fan will run when it detects even a low-heated air and in ‘least sensitive’, the air has to be very hot for the fan to turn on.
Booster Fan Plus helps reduces the heating or cooling costs and reduces energy usage.
- Built-in thermostat increases ventilation
- The fan works without any noise
- Saves electricity and energy
- Easy to install and use
- Helps to even out temperature in rooms
- Every time the user needs to change the setting, they have to take out the vent from the floor and insert it in.
- It needs a power outlet closer to the vent, and the cord is hefty and thick, making the setup look odd.
5. Smart Vent Insulated Foundation Flood Vent, FEMA Compliant, and ICC-ES Certified - Model 1540-520, 16" x 8."
What We Liked Most About Flood Vent
- Helps to prevent floodwater from getting into the building
- The bi-directional vent allows entry and exit of the water
- Eliminates destruction of the building foundation
- It is made in Marine Grade Stainless Steel; the T316L Stainless Steel can endure critical weather conditions.
- The flood vent reduces insurance costs due to less risk of flooding
Smart Vent Insulated Foundation Flood Vent, FEMA, Model 1540-520, 16" x 8" Review:
This device is a flood vent that has flood coverage of 200sq ft. It has a size of 16r8 inches with approximately 16 ¼ r8 ¼ inches. It comes with white, black, grey and some other colors. The answer to how to use this smart vent is available in detail on their website.
These vents are ideal for garages, walkouts, foyers, or spaces where there is a need to prevent flood but not air. The reason to use a smart vent is that the flood water is not good for the building; it can cause severe damage to the foundation.
The flood vent is made of stainless steel surrounded by insulating foam core. When the flood vent detects water, the vent door remains shut up to the point when floodwater comes in. The arrival water causes the patented internal floats to rise, which detaches and rotates. This opens the door and lets the flood water come in and out, causing the pressure of the foundation to balance.
Flood resistive properties:
The product line of this device is built from Marine Grade Stainless. The T316L Stainless Steel is created in such a way that it can resist severe or critical weather conditions. It is enduring the significant marine and chemical scenario, which acts as evidence about its toughness to the weather.
It is famous for being durable to cracking, dents, and embrittlement. As the T316L Stainless Steel is made from a mixture of Chrome, Nickel, and Molybdenum, it has even more shield towards flood. When the flood door is opened, a 3" diameter opening assists in the suction of floor rubbish.
The insulation property is essential to protect the vent from water. This vent has an insulated core of 2” with an R-value of 8.34. Also, there is a protection of felt weather stripping on vent frame allowing the face of the vent to be even more insulated.
- Saves the building foundation from damage
- High Insulation material which is tested in extreme conditions
- it has excellent flood resistive features with T316L stainless steel that is extra protective in floodwater.
- One vent gives a broad coverage of 200 sq. ft.
- Two directional feature allows water to enter or exit as per need
- To cover a house of 1000 sq. ft., five vents are needed, which might increase the overall cost.
What we like most about AC Infinity AIRTAP T6:
- The smart vent booster fan comes with an LED display and helps to enhance the airflow from HVAC systems.
- It has a PWM motor that allows smooth speed control with minimal noise.
- The hydro-mechanical stator blades allow air to flow through a long distance in a high static pressure situation.
- The LCD controller is programmable for the cooling and heating trigger.
AC Infinity AIRTAP T6, QUIET REGISTER BOOSTER FAN SYSTEM 6” x 12” review:
The smart vent installation process requires selecting the correct size of the fan, take out the old one and screw in the new fan. Connect it to a power outlet and make sure the LED display lits. The fan has an aluminum frame with CNC-machined corners. It also has a protective back in a thermoplastic casing with fan guards to protect the fans.
The purpose of AIRTAP register booster fan is to enhance the airflow that comes out from the heater or AC; as a result, the room temperature can be more comfortable. The fan has a 'cooler trigger' option that helps the user to select a temperature trigger based on which the fan will turn on when the AC is running. The 'heating trigger' option needs a specific temperature, which will trigger fans to work when the heater is running.
The thermal controller has intelligent programming that causes the airflow to work automatically based on the heating and cooling temperatures set by users. Users can set a temperature upon which the fan will start if the airflow temperature goes below the cooling trigger.
In the same way, for 'heating trigger,' the user will set temperature, and the fan will start working if the airflow's temperature goes above it.
- Intelligent programming helps in cooling/heating triggers and the fan speed
- Causes the room to be colder or hotter as per need
- Comes with a temperature display making it easier to view
- Easy to install
- Short power cord
- If the fan speed increases, the fan can be noisy
7. Smart Vent Insulated Foundation Flood Vent, FEMA Compliant and ICC-ES Certified - Model 1540-570: Best Flood Vent Garage Door
What We Like Most About Smart Vent Insulated Foundation:
- The insulating layer of vent prevents floodwater from entering into the building
- Saves the building foundation from damage
- Approved stainless steel to protect the vent from water
- Highly resistant to water
- it prevents flooding in an area of 200sq ft.
Smart Vent Insulated Foundation Flood Vent, FEMA Compliant, and ICC-ES Certified - Model 1540-570 Review:
Design and installation:
The smart vent flood vent comes with a size of 14 ½ r8 ½ inches with an approximate size of 14 ½ r8 ¾ inches. It has a different color so users can choose anyone. The wood wall design can be inserted into a 16 inches stud opening. The vent has T316L Stainless Steel that is tested under an extreme surrounding condition, which makes it ideal for giving protection against water.
The smart vent installation instructions are given in their user manuals and video documents. The vent is made of 316L MARINE GRADE STAINLESS STEEL, and it is ICC-ES CERTIFIED. The vent is suggested to install in Attached Garages, Detached Garages, Sheds, Partitioned Spaces, and Access Doors.
This smart vent is ideal for garage doors. It is made from stainless steel that will give resistance against the floodwater. Initially, the flood vent doors remain shut. Once the flood occurs, the water enters into the vent. This causes the internal floats to rise up and spin the door open. As a result, the flood water can come in or go out via the frame, releasing the pressure from the building.
The frame has pre-slotted holes on which the vent has to be screwed in. The vent has a weather gasket inside that prevents any insects or bugs from coming inside. The security clips that come with the vent need to be inserted for the warranty of the product.
The smart vent specifications are well known for their insulation properties. The vent has 2 inches insulation core and an R-value of 8.34. The device is made from Chrome, Nickel, and Molybdenum, making it super-resistive to corrosion. The device is approved and certified in FLORIDA BUILDING PRODUCT and FEMA.
- Easy installation by following the manual.
- Durable T316L Stainless Steel that can withstand in extreme weather conditions.
- It is made of 316L MARINE GRADE STAINLESS STEEL, and it is ICC-ES CERTIFIED
- Saves the foundation of building from damage
- It reduces the flood insurance bill.
- Around five vents will be needed to cover a house of 1000 sq ft; the overall cost can be higher for some users.
8. Ambi Climate 2 Smart Air Conditioner Controller: Best Auto Temp Controller
What We Like Most About Ambi Climate 2 Smart Air Controller:
- Helps on cooling and heating
- Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, IFTTT voice control.
- Eliminate the house to become too hot or cold.
- The AI algorithms work with personalized data in the Ambi cloud.
- AI algorithms and sensors can detect indoor weather and act accordingly.
- Promises to save energy up to 30%
- It has timers and schedule features.
Ambi Climate 2 Smart Air Conditioner Controller Review:
This device will help to achieve an ideal temperature in the house. Adjusting the AC frequently because the room becomes too hot or cold isn’t convenient. Also, the internal and external weather and temperature varies during nighttime, so if you wake up at night because you are cold, then this device is designed for you.
The primary purpose is to eliminate overheating or overcooling by the use of smart sensors and algorithms. If you have pets or little kids at home, it is essential to have an ideal temperature for them, and the use of Ambi Climate makes it more accessible.
The Comfort Mode uses machine learning techniques to understand which temperature is suitable for you. It starts learning from the third feedback given by users.
The Away Mode helps to monitor the heating, cooling, drying limits with the use of a temperature slider. Users need to set the temperature and allow the device to know whether you want it to more than or less than the default one.
With the help of Temperature Mode, you can select a specific room temperature. The Ambi Climate will try to adjust to the desired temperature while keeping in mind other factors that are also changing. The Manual Mode helps users to control the temperature without the need to use a remote controller.
The Ambi Climate App runs on Android or iOS. In the ‘AC run time’ settings, it will show the AC usage of the last four weeks. The “Average AC Set Point” settings show the temperature you selected over the past four weeks.
The ‘Temperature and humidity’ feature shows the inside and outside temperature and humidity of the last seven days. This gives you an idea of the relationship between these two. The 'Mode Usage' option shows the usage of Ambi Climate device to maintain a suitable temperature.
The ‘Comfort Feedback Learned’ and 'Radar Chart’ shows different factors that determine the comfort levels of the house.
This smart vent is compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, and IFTTT.
- Excellent AI algorithm and machine learning feature to detect the best temperature for users.
- Several modes help the user to choose as per their requirement.
- It has a mobile app with in-details of usage, number of hours of AC usage, modes, etc.
- Helps user to use the device such that it can save electricity.
- Works with several voice assistants, making it easier for the user to control the device with voice commands.
- Frequent disconnection.
- The app functions can be improved, for instance, the small fonts.
9. Kenmore Smart 04277127 Room-Air-Conditioner, 12,000 BTU, White :Best Room-Air-Conditioner
What We Like Most AboutThe Kenmore Samrt Room Air Conditioner :
- The 12000 BTU can work on a 550 sq. ft. area.
- The use of this device will save energy
- Works with voice assistants
- The app assists users to control the device as well as set schedules, modes, and fan speed.
Kenmore Smart 04277127 Room-Air-Conditioners, 12,000 BTU, White Review:
The smart vent user manual of this device shows all instructions step by step, describing how to use this device. The installation is an elaborative process with an instruction guide available online. The AC can cool a 550 sq. ft. space. The AC comes with a remote control that makes it easier for people to control the AC from remote o, r app as per their wish.
The Energy Star ® authorizes the device with an Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) of 12.1 and a Combined Energy Efficiency Ratio (CEER) of 12.0. This rating emphasizes consuming less electricity that comes with a less electric bill.
The AC works in places where the indoor temperature is quite high. The device has eight-way direction control, three cool speeds, and four fan speeds. It has 4-way adjustable horizontal and vertical louvers. Along with cooling, it has a 'dry setting' that assists in eliminating the extra moisture from the air by the help of a dehumidifier.
The device is compatible with Amazon Alexa, so consumers can use voice commands to control the device.
With in-detailed resources available online, the Kenmore focuses on cleaning issues and the methods of doing it. The air filter is suggested to open and wash with lukewarm water. The front and inlet grille should be cleaned with a damp cloth and mild detergent. Consumers can wipe the cabinet with a soap or detergent and warm water after that apply liquid appliance wax.
The device connects with a Smart AC app. The app allows switching on/off the AC, selecting a temperature, and modifying schedules, change modes, and fan speeds as per user requirements. The changes will lead to a suitable temperature in the house and a cut-down to electricity usage.
- Compatible with Alexa.
- It saves electricity as well as cost.
- Step by step installation guide available online
- It can cool a vast space of 550 sq ft.
- Helpful and reliable customer support
- Although the instruction guide is available, some users find it difficult to follow the steps
- Sometimes the Alexa integration doesn’t work.
10. Frigidaire FGRC1044T1 10000 BTU Smart Window Air Conditioner: Best Smart Air Conditioner
What We Like Most About Frigidaire:
- The device is perfect to set in any room that needs cooling along with a central AC
- Removes pollens and dirt from the air making the air fresh for people with allergy
- The 10000 BTS can cool up to 450sq ft.
- It has a temperature display that makes it easier for users to view the degree.
Frigidaire FGRC1044T1 10000 review:
The smart air conditioner installation process is described with diagrams and proper instructions on the installation guide available online. Users can easily follow them for setup, or they can call a professional to do it.
The primary purpose of this smart vent insulated foundation flood vent is to cool the room at a specific temperature set by the user. It has air directional louvers that monitor the airflow. The louver is bidirectional that causes the air to go either left or right. There is a center handle to make the air louver flow side-to-side.
The AC pairs with the Frigidaire® Smart App. It helps to control the device remotely, set a specific temperature, modify schedules, etc. the easy to use app will help to monitor the AC to turn it on/off and save energy and electricity bill.
The Company not only cares about your comfort but also makes sure you know how to clean your AC. For the air filter, the filter should be taken out and cleaned with liquid dishwashing detergent and moderately hot water. The extra water is shaken off and dried before placing it back.
For the cabinet cleaning, switch off the AC and wipe the front side with an oil-free cloth or a dampened cloth dipped in moderately hot water and mild liquid dishwashing detergent. Then, dry it and polish it. Make sure there is no water, and then put it back in place.
To reserve the machine for the winter season, the AC needs to be removed from the window, wrap it in plastic and store it in a carton.
It has an Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) of 12. The airflow should not be blocked with curtains or furniture. The AC should be installed in a cooler room with a perfect size that is not too small or too big. Any fireplace damper, floor, or wall registers should remain closed. The insulation and weather stripping will eliminate hot air from entering the house. In your home will help keep warm air out.
- The installation is easy, and users can follow the manual
- Easy to use mobile app
- Energy efficient
- All details are available for cleaning procedures so that the user can take care of the device easily.
- Frequent Wi-Fi disconnection
How to Select Your Perfect Smart Vent:
The most important thing to understand is the criteria that we need to keep in mind while buying a smart vent. The following section discusses these points so that the user can have a clear view of them while buying a smart vent.
The primary purpose of vent is to measure the surrounding temperature and work with the airflow. For temperature measurement, the sensor could be built-in inside the vent, or there could be a separate device for it.
Some vents also work with 3rd party devices to assist in this operation. In that case, you need to know which products your smart vent is compatible with. This sensor is important because it will measure the surrounding temperature, deliver the data to the vent, and the vent will work accordingly.
The pressure is also essential data in smart vent systems. The smart vent should have an active device to calculate the pressure correctly so that it circulates the airflow and make sure the HVAC system in the house remains safe and unaffected.
The vents ensure the HVAC does not become overload because of low airflow or excessive pressure.
This part is always crucial because users should know which device or integrations their smart device can work with. While choosing a smart vent, it is essential to understand whether the vent works with other hubs, sensors, vents, thermostats, AC/mini-splits, and so on.
Often users want to know whether their vent will be compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, or IFTTT. The advanced users also want to know whether openHAB, Home Assistant will work with the vents.
The battle between wired or wireless connection still exists. That's why some vents give users the freedom to choose between wired or wireless setup. However, most of the vents are wireless and needs a battery for operating.
Battery life is essential because no one wants a device whose battery drains out every few months. Some vents have a battery life of 4 years; others have 2 or 1 year. While selecting a vent, users should see the longevity of the battery, type of cell, and rechargeable option.
When you are looking for a perfect vent, the size comes first. Almost all websites of vents show details of how you should measure the size of your existing duct opening. Then they tell you their available sizes so that users can select as per their requirement.
Last but not least, the budget. Some of the vents suggest replacing 30% or 50% or 8-% of the house with their smart vents. Here the overall cost will be a matter of concern. So it is always an intelligent way to check their price as well as quality.
How to Setup Smart Vent/Whole House Fan Works:
This section will discuss the smart vent and whole house fan details.
A whole house fan such as the Beutler smart vents that are often installed in the attic. As the 'hot air' goes out through the vent, cold and fresh air comes in. They are quite famous for replacing AC, which takes a massive amount of power compared to the fan.
Users can install a smart vent in the ceiling, ground, or sidewall. The vent usually comes with another hub or device that assists in measuring temperature, pressure, humidity, and connecting with other thermostats. The vents are quite easy to install and takes about 20 minutes to complete the setup.
The setup of the whole house fan approximately takes 90 minutes. The details and required equipment, along with proper instructions, are available online. Users can take help from technicians if they face any problem.
The vents are quite easy to install and takes about 20 minutes to complete the setup. The setup is a DIY task, and users can complete it without any difficulty.
Work with air:
The smart vent works by restricting airflow from one region of the house and redirecting them to another. They work along with smart thermostats. They do not clean or deal with outside air.
The whole house fan pulls out heated air from indoor and pushes them outside. The cold air from outdoor will enter through the doors and windows. The fan helps to remove allergens, dust, pet dander, unfiltered, and foul air from indoor and replace it with fresh outdoor air.
The working principle of vent is to detect too hot/cold region in the house, redirect airflow as per need, and create a uniform temperature in the house. Each room can have a specific temperature set by users.
A whole house fan helps to remove hot air from the house and make it cooler by receiving cold air from the outside. It can cool up to 30° in the house and attic. As a result, the high electricity bill people get by using AC would reduce. Along with cooling the home at a lower cost, the fan helps to remove dirt, germs, and allergens from the air by replacing it with fresh air.
Some smart vents are compatible with smart thermostats (Nest, Honeywell, Sensi), voice assistants (Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri), sensors (Ecobee sensor), and other integrations like SmartThings, openHAB, home assistant. Users need to choose which one they need among them.
Smart whole house fans like Tamarack technologies are compatible with voice assistants that are essential for users.
Frequently Ask Question (FAQ) About Smart Vent:
This section will answer some basic and simple questions about smart vents so that consumers can easily understand more about them. This will help users to learn the essential operation of cents and decide how safe they are or whether they impose any danger in the whole HVAC system of the house.
What Is Smart Vent?
A smart vent is a device that helps to attain a uniform temperature throughout the house by redirecting airflow in 'specific spots' of the house. Users can set different temperatures for different rooms and can control the weather of the house from home or far away.
Does Smart Vent Work With Smart Thermostats?
Yes, smart vents work with smart thermostats. Some of the vents work with Nest, Honeywell thermostats; others work with Sensi. It is crucial to notice which thermostats your smart vent will be compatible with. Vents like Ecovents only work with one thermostat that is Sensi thermostat.
Do I Need To Replace All My Vents With Smart Vents?
Well, actually, it depends. Some vents like Flair vents give you the chance to replace vent of a single room or couple of places. Others, like Keen suggest replacing 30% to 50% of the house by smart vents. Ecovents advise users to replace 80% of the house with smart vents.
It depends on users and their current situation of the house. Users should select the vent as per their needs.
Does Smart Vent Really Work?
Smart vents work best if you think you have some ‘problem spots’ in the house. The back of the house or any particular room in the home can remain too hot or too cold or remains empty most of the time. Smart vents will recirculate the airflow in places where it is needed.
Are smart vents safe?
Smart vents are safe to use without any dangerous thing to happen. However, it is recommended not to close the vents as it will build up pressure in the system.
How much do smart vents cost?
The smart vent cost will be in a range of $100 to $200. However, if you replace half to full of the house, it can cost around more than $2000. With Ecovents, complete coverage for four rooms will be $2000.
Keen suggests using 4 to 8 vents for the house where again, the cost will increase. The price depends on the home situation of the user and hence will vary for everyone.
Bottom Line of Smart Vent Review:
The smart vent is an excellent choice to make your home more comfortable. It is a small addition to the smart thermostats that gives several features for users to use. This smart vent review article demonstrates the best smart vents review focusing on their good and bad sides.
Users can use vent in a single room, half of the house, or for the entire home. While some vents are compatible with 250 brands, others only work with a single one. The total cost is also an essential factor while choosing a vent. If the whole house is taken into account, the overall cost will be more, but it will be worth it.