Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Why would you need a 3 way smart switch?
- 3 1.Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch, 3-Way Kit by TP-Link
- 4 2. GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Motion Light Switch
- 5 3. Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting Single Pole/3-way Dimmer Switch Starter Kit
- 6 4. Treatlife Smart Light Switch
- 7 5. Leviton DW15S-1BZ Decora Smart Wi-Fi 15A Universal LED/Incandescent Switch
- 8 6. Philips Hue Smart Dimmer Switch with Remote
- 9 7. MOES 3-Way WiFi Smart Switch for Light
- 10 Buying the best 3 way smart switch: a guide for the novice
- 11 Final thoughts
Home automation is gaining a lot of traction if you look at the last few years. People are switching to making their lives easier by choosing smart home kits that can give them the edge they need to become modern and productive at the same time.
And that’s where the topic for the best 3 way smart switch comes in.
Although there are people who are looking for a 3 way smart switch home kit, starting off with just a simple smart switch a probably the best idea for starters. And that’s what we will be discussing here today.
We will review some of the best options that we found for you. Despite our efforts, even if you want something else, we have a buying guide just for you.
So, let’s get started.
Why would you need a 3 way smart switch?
The very first thing we should ask ourselves before starting this review is- what is a 3 way smart light switch?
In simple terms, a 3 way switch is a system that can control the system output from two different locations. This adds flexibility for the user as he or she can easily control the lighting of different locations, either at home or workplace.
In short, if you’re looking for a simple home automation device, then a 3 way smart dimmer switch homekit is the way to go. It’s simple and will make your home experience easily accessible and enjoyable.
So, before we begin, let’s have a look at some of the options for the best 3 way smart light switch.
6.3 x 5.1 x 2.8 in
1.5 x 1.5 x 3 in
9.38 x 6 x 5.63 in
2.1 x 1.4 x 4.1 in
Smart push button
5 x 5 x 5 in
3 x 3 x 3 inch
1 x 2 x 2 in
If this table makes any sense to you (we do hope it already does!) and you’ve come to the conclusion that you need the best 3 way smart dimmer switch, we now want to dig deeper and see the offerings in detail.
1.Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch, 3-Way Kit by TP-Link
‘The kasa smart wifi light switch 3-way kit hs210 kit allows smooth integration and performance overall’-this statement is pretty bold in itself, especially when you’re about to start a review.
But fortunately, the statement does live up to its claims by a good deal.
Although the feature set does claim to be standard, the usability aspect of this smart switch makes up for it.
The installation is pretty seamless thanks to the Kasa apps integrated manual. And when it comes to the performance, the kasa smart wifi light switch by tp-link performs like a champ.
Apart from being able to unify itself with the smart assistants from various platforms, you are getting the convenience of proper scheduling. This allows for solid overall lighting control.
Furthermore, the app on the kasa smart wi-fi light switch 3-way hs210 usability is decent as well. You can pretty much control every key lighting mechanism if you have access to Wifi. And the controlling can take place from literally anywhere.
Overall, we really like what this kasa smart wifi light switch from Tp-link smart switch brings to the table. If you want something robust that grants you proper accessibility, then just go for it.
- It offers solid compatibility with both Android and iOS.
- Features robust integration capabilities with virtual assistants like Google Assistant, Alexa and Cortana.
- The app allows you to integrate the smart switch all by yourself without needing an extra pair of hands.
- The switch can operate seamlessly over 2.4-Gigahertz Wifi.
- The Scheduled settings allow good overall usability.
2. GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Motion Light Switch
The ge enbrighten z-wave plus smart motion light switch is one of the very few choices out there that offers solid usability with Amazon Alexa. So, if you’re using Amazon smart home devices, then you may want to consider this as an option.
Although this motion switch does need a fair amount of mounting work, the feature set makes up for it overall.
It’s a solid performer when it comes to its functionality with Amazon Alexa. Also, it does a good job of motion sensing and sending alerts to your smart device. The smart scheduling capabilities are solid as well.
Overall, from the ge enbrighten smart switch, we can see this switch is decent when it comes to functionality as a whole. So, if you want to try something new, this can be an option for you.
- It’s a decent choice for Alexa users.
- Features proper scheduling that allows for good overall functionality.
- It features multiple modes of operation with the right sensitivity levels, offering good flexibility.
- The compatibility with z-wave certified hubs is commendable.
- The wireless triggering and notification delivery is seamless, marking good usability over Wifi.
3. Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting Single Pole/3-way Dimmer Switch Starter Kit
For the most part, people show particular interest in smart switches that are capable of connecting to various smart assistants that make their life easier. Fortunately, the lutron caseta wireless smart lighting switch can be a solid choice for these types of people.
One of the most notable features of this smart switch for lights is its ability to incorporate itself with various home assistants. You can pretty much use it with any of the home assistants of your choosing.
Then you have the usability features like lighting control, you can easily control 17 LED bulbs per circuit without any issues. The auto adjustability to various lighting conditions is also commendable.
All in all, we believe the lutron caseta wireless smart lighting single-pole/3-way dimmer switch control system is a solid deliverer when it comes to proper control and functionality. Do give it a try if you’re interested.
- Offers decent usability with various home assistants.
- Offers decent usability with various home assistants.
- Features automatic adjustability to various seasons and conditions.
- The included remote acts as a secondary controller if the app isn’t doing it for you.
- It can control 17 bulbs per circuit (LED bulb power limit is 8.5-watts, incandescent bulb power limit is 60-watts).
4. Treatlife Smart Light Switch
The treatlife 3-way smart light switch has a lot of good features that will satisfy the average users.It’s one of the best 3 way smart light switch you can buy.
The mix of overall features is pretty solid if you consider the price to performance ratio.
Aside from solid scheduling capabilities, it’s a really good option for grouping the lighting of your home. Although you will find even cheaper options out there, you won’t really find something that does the compartmentalization better than the treatlife smart switch.
We’re not arguing whether or not it’s one of the options for the best led dimmer switch. Still, the features we’re seeing is really intriguing. It packs a punch at a solid price point. So, you can certainly take a look whether or not it works for you.
- The installation is fairly simple and safe.
- It’s got solid compatibility with both Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Offers good real-time functionality and control via smart devices.
- Smart scheduling is more than acceptable for use on a regular basis.
- It offers good flexibility when it comes to mounting.
5. Leviton DW15S-1BZ Decora Smart Wi-Fi 15A Universal LED/Incandescent Switch
An alexa smart switch isn’t always easy to find these days, especially with such a time where the market is filled with so many options.
Still, if you’re looking for an alexa switch that can get the job done, then you may want to take a look at the leviton dw15s-1bz decora smart wi-fi 15a universal.
Although it does feature the compatibility with Google Assistant, it certainly does a better job with Alexa integration.
The scheduling feature it offers is both widespread and accurate. Also, it can handle lighting loads very efficiently as well.
Overall, if you are in the market for a smart switch, then you may as well have a look at the leviton wifi dimmer. It’s a really good alternative if you’re looking for the best 3 way smart switch.
- A solid switch that integrates with Amazon Voice Assistant.
- Supports both 2.4 and 5-Gigahertz Wifi, no additional hub required.
- Features accurate scheduling for turning the lights on or off.
- The app interface is clean and easy to handle overall.
- Offers switching capabilities for multiple sections.
6. Philips Hue Smart Dimmer Switch with Remote
The brand Philips doesn’t need any particular introduction. When it comes to reliable options for a smart light switch, Philips, fortunately, has something robust to offer.
And the philips hue smart dimmer switch with remote is one of those solid choices. Although there are plenty of smart switch options with solid pricing, the usability standards don’t even come close to Philips most of the time.
It’s pretty solid when it comes to using it Alexa and Apple Smart home. So when it comes to compatibility with Alexa, you can go for this option with full confidence.
Also, the fact that it can control smart lights even when there’s no internet connection deserves kudos. And there’s no real wire work needed that’ll cause extra hassle.
Overall, we do appreciate what the philips hue smart dimmer switches that show us the offerings it possess. So, if you’re interested, the do check it out for yourselves.
Make sure you’re not missing out on the best 3 way switch for smartthings.
- It features solid compatibility with Amazon and Apple smart home devices.
- Offers good lighting control capabilities with built-in controlling options.
- This dimmer can control up to 10 smart lights simultaneously, even without any internet connectivity.
- It is very flexible when it comes to mounting and installation.
- Scheduling and adjustability are solid overall.
7. MOES 3-Way WiFi Smart Switch for Light
When it comes to smart 3 way switches with the bare minimum usability features, the moes 3-way wifi smart switch checks all the boxes.
When it comes to the best three way smart light switch, there are few options that can get the basics right. And thanks to the no-compromise features of the Moes switch, there’s really nothing to worry about with compatibility and usability.
In short, we believe it’s one of those smart choices that can make your home a bit more welcome. So, you may want to give it shot if you’re looking for the best 3 way smart switch.
- Features easy switchability with your existing system.
- Features good compatibility with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- The ‘Smart Life’ app is suitable for both Android and iOS devices.
- The 7-day scheduling comes in handy when it comes to on-the-go lighting control customization.
- Mounting this switch is fairly simple.
Buying the best 3 way smart switch: a guide for the novice
Before you go ahead and make preparations in order to convert light switch to smart switch, hold on to your horses.
We know there are enough options in our review offerings. Still, if you wanted something different, how would you choose?
In that case, take a look at the following points.
Compatibility with home assistant
Although smart switches have the capability to be controlled with the included remote, having the correct compatibility is important. And we are talking about the home assistants here.
Whether it’s a google home light switch or an alexa light switch 3 way system, it’s got be good at what it does.
Also, app compatibility is another important aspect of compatibility. If it’s compatible with Android and iOS, then you’re pretty much in the clear.
There are a lot of resources on 3-way smart switch troubleshooting. You may want to look at those as well.
This basically implies how much flexibility you are getting while dealing with lighting controls.
With different options for a smart wifi switch, you will find different results. And reading independent reviews is perhaps the best to find out the ideal option for you.
Installation and Mounting
Whenever you’re dealing with the installation and mounting of smart switches you need to be careful in making your choices.
3 way smart switch wiring is often very confusing. There are plenty of options that don’t have proper switching usability when it comes to installation. So, you may want to steer clear of such options.
But, the answer to the question of how to create a neutral wire for smart switch is often something most people would want to look for. And you should look for it as well. Because you may need to deal with neutral wiring at some point.
This is probably the most important feature.
Although different products have different approaches to achieve proper scheduling, app usability does matter in this case. So, you may want to visit the website of the respected product to get some more insight on 3 way smart dimmer switch scheduling.
It’s time to end this review on the best 3 way smart switch.
We certainly hope we’ve given you enough information to make the proper purchase decision. Still, a little bit of research never goes amiss. Frankly, it’s the best possible way to find what you’re looking for.
Whether it’s a google smart switch or Amazon or Apple option, all that matters is what you need. If you focus on that then you’ll certainly find the right choice when it comes to a 3-way smart dimmer switch homekit option.