Best Video Doorbell Without Subscription
Home security is a crucial part of a smart home. A smart doorbell serves like all in one. You can see, talk, and hear anything happening at your door entrance. However, most people seem taken aback when they get to know about monthly fees. But good news is there are good numbers of video doorbell without subscription available on the market. Here, we talk about the Best Doorbell Camera Without Subscription.
One of the essential uses of doorbell cameras is that you can see live-view of any known or unknown person knocking at your door while you are home or not. The remote access makes the home security even stronger. This article will discuss some of the best doorbell cameras and provide a comparison between them.
Some of the best Wi-Fi doorbells even allow you to talk to people; others can detect motion up to a specific range. With the night-vision feature, you will be alerted whenever any stranger is sneaking at your door. A doorbell is undoubtedly the best addition to a secure home.
The top10 doorbell cameras without a subscription are selected after a thorough research; their benefits and drawbacks are discussed accordingly.
Table of Contents
- 1 Comparison of Top10 Video Doorbell Without Subscription:
- 2 What You Need to Know Before Buying a Doorbell Camera Without Subscription:
- 3 Reviews of 10 Best Doorbell Camera Without Subscription:
- 4 Honeywell SkyBell Trim 1080p Wi-Fi Video Doorbell:
- 5 Eufy Security, Wi-Fi Video Doorbell with 2K HD, 2-way audio: No Monthly Fees (Requires Existing Doorbell Wires, 16-24 VAC, 30 VA or above)
- 6 LaView Wi-Fi Doorbell Camera: Weather proof Wired Video Doorbell
- 7 Owlet Home, Wi-Fi Video Doorbell: No Monthly Fee with Indoor Chime, 2 Batteries, 16GB TF Card
- 8 Zumimal Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Camera with Chime: Cloud Storage (optional), 32GB Pre-installed
- 9 [32GB Preinstalled] MECO Wi-Fi Video Doorbell: With Motion Detector, Night Vision, IP65 Waterproof
- 10 Amcrest Video Doorbell Camera Pro: IP55 Weatherproof
- 11 eRing Video Doorbell Wi-Fi Smart:
- 12 AWOW J1 Video Doorbell:
- 13 Ring Doorbell Video Security Camera: No Recording Storage Fees
- 13.1 Best Feature:
- 13.2 Review of Ring Video Doorbell:
- 13.3 FAQs about Ring Doorbells are given so that users can have a better understanding of it.
- 13.3.1 Can you use a ring doorbell without a subscription?
- 13.3.2 Can you save ring doorbell video without subscription?
- 13.3.3 Does ring doorbell have a monthly fee?
- 13.3.4 What are the storage options for Ring?
- 13.3.5 Will ring work without the internet?
- 13.3.6 Do ring doorbells get stolen?
- 13.3.7 Can ring doorbell be hacked?
- 13.3.8 Can ring doorbell record longer than 30 seconds?
- 13.3.9 Does ring doorbell record all the time?
- 13.3.10 How to record ring video without a subscription?
- 14 The FAQ of Doorbell Camera:
- 15 Bottom Line:
Comparison of Top10 Video Doorbell Without Subscription:
Cloud/ local storage
Where to Buy
Honeywell SkyBell Trim
1920 x 1080 resolution at 15fps with 180° view
You can download 7-days old video for free
2560 x 1920 resolution with a 160° view
local; No Monthly Fee
LaView ONE Halo HD
HD 3MP video quality with 180° view
Local storage with SD card, network channel, cloud
WiFi dual-band, 2.4GHz & 5GHz.
720P 30pfs video resolution with 166° view
32GB SD Card or cloud storage
Zumimall Wi-Fi Video Doorbell
1080p FHD with 166° view angle
32GB SD card or cloud service
MECO 1080P Doorbell Camera with Free Chime
1920 x 1080P video with 166° view
Cloud storage/ MicroSD card(up to 128GB)
Amcrest Video Doorbell Camera Pro
1080p (1920x1080) with 140° view
One Year free Cloud(Optional)
eRing Video Doorbell Wi-Fi Smart
1080P HD video with 140° horizontal view
128GB microSD card(not included) or cloud storage
Doorbell Camera Wi-Fi, AWOW J1
1080P, 166° angle
32GB SD card or cloud
Doorbell Video Ring Security Camera by RCA
1080P HD with 180 angle
16 GB SD card, expandable up to 128GB
2.4 or 5GHz
What You Need to Know Before Buying a Doorbell Camera Without Subscription:
There are some essential characteristics a doorbell should have to function well. This will help users to know what they exactly want in their doorbell and what is considered as a minimum requirement.
The primary purpose of buying a camera doorbell is to view who is knocking at your door. If the video clips and images are not crystal clear or not bright enough, then the purchase is pointless.
The resolution should be a minimum of 720p, but it is recommended to have a resolution of 1080p or higher. However, it is important to note that with increased resolution, the price will also increase.
This is one of the crucial features that should be chosen correctly. There is PIR thermal detection, which can identify between living (human/cat/dog) and non-living things (trees, cars, trucks). This is helpful to decrease the fake alerts.
Some of the doorbells even recognize between humans and animals with the help of their AI features. This is even more beneficial and accurate to detect a human movement. As a result, these doorbells give more precise alerts.
Local or Cloud Service:
One of the most important things to consider is their storage service and hence the monthly payment issue. Some doorbells only support cloud service, which requires a subscription. Most of them give users a choice to choose between local or cloud service. The local service requires an SD card (sometimes comes with the doorbell), and is free of cost.
Other doorbells give a free trial of 7, 14 days, or one month to 1 year. After that, an amount has to be paid to take their service. The cloud service stores all videos, and there is no need to think about storage.
Although all bells require an active Wi-Fi connection and to be placed within the router range, the compatible channels are also needed.
While some of the doorbells work with both 2.4 and 5GHz, others only work with 2.4GHz. The 5GHz channel is quicker and has lots of bandwidth capability.
Wired or Wireless:
Some bells require to be wired with an existing doorbell. Those are wired bells which might need a technician to install it if you are not comfortable doing it yourself. The wiring or not doesn't make any difference in their functionality, but many people want a hassle-free bell.
For those people, there are battery doorbells; some of them come with a charger, and others might need your USB cable to charge them. People who are renters often want a wireless doorbell as they move a lot.
There are functionalities where doorbells give you the freedom to choose a specific zone in your front porch area along with a sensitivity level. The sensitivity level is related to the detection of motion. So based on your criteria, you can select them.
Voice Assistant Compatibility:
Again, not all bells are compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, or IFTTT. But, some of the best doorbell cameras are. It depends on users which one they will prefer. If they think it is enough to click and watch video and voice command is not needed, then they can choose accordingly.
We have chosen doorbells in such a way that it needs no subscription, and as a result, it will be cost-effective for people. Among them, some might require affordable monthly fees, and others are absolutely free of cost.
The range of doorbells listed here is within a range of 60 to $300, which is from an affordable range to expensive range. Along with scale, the functionality will also vary.
Reviews of 10 Best Doorbell Camera Without Subscription:
This section will cover the ten best doorbell cameras without a subscription. The doorbell selection is strictly made upon excessive research on doorbells. They are considered to be top-notch because of its specifications and features.
The video resolution and night vision are taken into account so that users can view a crystal clear video without frowning. The motion detection is an important criterion of doorbells, most of the listed doorbells have PIR thermal detection, and some have facial recognition.
All these doorbells have one thing in common; they don’t need any subscription. They can also be accessed remotely. Our main intention is to give a clear idea of the best features of doorbells that will lead to a reliable purchase for consumers.
- HD video, colored night vision and 180° wide-angle view;
- Allows multiple users;
- Compatible with several other companies give the user the flexibility to use;
- Free cloud storage
- Easy to set up and use the app in mobile to get notifications.
Review of Honeywell Doorbell:
Video and audio quality:
One of the best video doorbell Wi-Fi streams video in 1920 x 1080 at 15fps with a viewing angle of 180°. It supports night vision with colored photos so that it will seem like daylight pictures.
There is an option to listen, see, and speak with the person arriving at the doorstep. They can communicate in two-way, greet, and scare the person as per their need.
Honeywell Doorbell will alert you when it can identify any moving thing in the selected area. So you can see intruders or an unknown person who comes to your yard or the front porch without ringing the bell. This enhances the security of the home as a whole.
Apps and Notifications:
once motion is detected, the user will receive an alert in their SkyBell app. They can view and talk to the person via an app remotely. The app can be used in iOS or Android mobiles.
Compatibility and Weather Resistant:
Device compatibility is one of the good things of Trim. The doorbell works with all top-notch products like Alexa, IFTTT for voice control, SmartThings, Honeywell, and many more. Because of this, it can be said to be one of the best video doorbells out there.
The device can work in critical temperature conditions. It has an operating temperature of 40 ~ 140 degrees F. So, even when the weather is extreme, the doorbell will give a clear vision of anyone sneaking around the house.
One of the main benefits of using SkyBell Trim is that you can share the access with different family members so that when one person is busy, another person can quickly respond to the notification. This increases flexibility in use.
- The doorbell is affordable
- Several users can use it, making security to be flexibly controlled
- Users can talk to anyone even when they are busy with a 2-way communication procedure.
- It has a wide viewing angle with high definition video quality, which you can live-stream anytime on your mobile.
- Work even in extreme weather conditions
- Compatible with Alexa, IFTTT, SmartThings, Nest, etc
- Theft protection replaces the device for free if it gets stolen.
- The device sometimes gives false alerts that can annoy a user.
- The motion detector sometimes starts working slowly; in that case, the user gets a video of people walking away.
Eufy Security, Wi-Fi Video Doorbell with 2K HD, 2-way audio: No Monthly Fees (Requires Existing Doorbell Wires, 16-24 VAC, 30 VA or above)
- Best quality crystal crisp video quality
- AI feature can identify between human or other living things (cats, dogs, leaves)
- It has local storage, so users don't need any subscription
- It comes with an electronic chime; if you wish, you can use it also.
- It offers 4:3 ratio to show the video, so that top to bottom of the person is visiable.
Review Eufy Video Doorbell:
eufy video doorbell has 2560 x 1920 resolutions with a 160 ° view angle that show powerful and crystal clear video or image, including HDR and Distortion correction feature. Even during nighttime, it delivers HD video with its IR night vision capability
eufy has a smart detection feature. With the aid of AI and other powerful algorithms, it can distinguish between different things and humans. This means you will not be alerted with anything that moves, such as your cat or the tree leaves. Users can select a specific zone and sensitivity level to improve accuracy.
Communication and Apps:
users can hear what someone says at the door and reply accordingly. The audio quality is crystal clear so that the intruder can be barked off or warmly welcomed.
This smart video doorbell with no subscription will alert users within 3 seconds of identifying a movement, which is fast. Users have to use the app to watch live-streaming or images. It allows you to record a maximum of 3 responses that you want to play when someone arrives.
The users will be notified with a facial snapshot showing you the face of the person knocking at the front door.
Voice Assistant and Storage:
eufy might be considered one of the top-rated doorbell cameras without a subscription, which is also compatible with voice assistants. The compatibility makes it even easier to ask the doorbell who’s lurking in front of your house. eufy works with both Google Assistant and Alexa.
One of the best things about eufy is that your data is well secured locally. Unlike other ones, this is a doorbell camera without any subscription. Users can easily view anything they want to see.
However, without any electricity or Wi-Fi, the device will not work.
Chime:The eufy doorbell comes with an electronic chime that you can set up inside the house if you want. There are eight different ringtones from which users can set with adjustable volume.
- High-quality audio, video, and image
- Can detect and differentiate between things( animals, trees) and humans
- Local storage without any subscription
- Comes with an Electronic chime
- Quick alerts and notifications sent to users.
- Doesn’t support IFTTT
- No option for multiple users.
LaView Wi-Fi Doorbell Camera: Weather proof Wired Video Doorbell
- Excellent video quality shows everything in detail.
- 180° view angle enables us to see everything up to the doorstep.
- The night vision has the Starlight True Color feature, which will show colored images even at night.
- Flexible storage option: local, NVR, or cloud storage.
Review of LaView Wi-Fi Doorbell:
Video and audio:
This doorbell has an HD MP3 video with 180 view angles, which delivers high-quality images and videos up to the doorstep. The LaView also has video doorbells with a monitor.
The doorbell comes with an audio chime. There is also a two-way communication method to talk to anyone knocking at the door even when you are not at home.
there are several storage options for users. The device is no subscription doorbell camera when the local storage SD card is used, which needs to be purchased separately, and then there is cloud storage that requires a subscription. And finally, there is NVR to store the video and image. Users have the freedom to choose what they like.
LaView Wi-Fi Doorbell Camera is said to be one of the best doorbell cameras with no subscription due to its night vision capabilities. While other doorbells may give a simple black and white pictures from which it is challenging to identify details, this device has Starlight True Color feature that gives colored in-detailed image or video.
PIR means to identify human by detecting the surrounding temperature. This is a 115 sensor that reads the environment temperature to differentiate living and non-living things. As a result, the doorbell can distinguish between humans, animals, and cars or moving dresses or flags. This result is accurate alarms instead of false ones.
The Laview can work in work lousy weather condition, in the rain or snow. It has IP65 that allows the doorbell operation to run smoothly. It has a waterproof feature to save it from rain.
Apps:The LaView One app can be downloaded on the mobile phone to have access to the doorbell. Users can talk or view live videos via remote access.
- HD video quality with 180 coverage
- It is a doorbell camera with no monthly fees; local storage is available.
- Night vision in Starlight True Color up to 16ft.
- PIR detection to differentiate between living and non-living (humans and cars).
- Comes with chime.
- The apps sometimes give delayed alerts.
- The setup is not straightforward and may cause difficulty.
Owlet Home, Wi-Fi Video Doorbell: No Monthly Fee with Indoor Chime, 2 Batteries, 16GB TF Card
- Excellent video and audio quality;
- Very low power used by owlet making it live long;
- PIR detection between living and non-living objects prevents sending false alarms;
- Flexible storage: local one for free or cloud storage with a subscription;
- The cost is affordable;
- Different levels of sensitivity.
Review of Owlet Home Wi-Fi Video Doorbell:
Video and audio quality:
The Owlet is a Smart Doorbell with a camera that doesn't require any subscription. Just like other doorbells, the Owlet also has superior video and audio quality. It has 720P 30pfs with a 166° view angle.
Users can hear and talk to anyone knocking at the door with the help of a two-way communication method in the app. The doorbell is compatible with Alexa but not with Google Assistant.
Power consumption and storage:
This doorbell takes in less power with two 18650 batteries. They can be recharged using a USB cable. In low power mode, it will take power efficiently so that the doorbell can survive up to 2 to 4 months. This feature makes it the best battery powered doorbell camera.
There is a flexible storage plan available for users to choose as per their requirements. The doorbell doesn’t need any subscription upon choosing the local method with 32GB TF storage. Otherwise, they can select cloud storage with a monthly fee.
PIR detection and weather compatibility:
PIR detection can detect humans and alert users accordingly. Night vision is also present to capture images at night; here, users can turn on/off the Night Vision infrared light.
The device is compatible to survive in severe weather conditions. It has an IP64 waterproof feature, which will save the device in extreme situations.
Customization options:There are different lighting options and wake-up modes, also different levels of sensitivity from which users can choose as per their requirements. There are four different levels of sensitivity so that users can choose between them.
- Straightforward installation procedure
- Excellent audio and video quality
- Can consume low power, allowing the doorbell to work for around six months
- PIR detection with five modes (infrared night vision, backlight compensation, strong light fitting, Fast motion, wide dynamic),
- Users can choose from 3 wake-up mode (mobile phone active wake-up, doorbell button wake-up, PIR body detection wake-up)
- The device is an Alexa doorbell camera.
- After comparing the cost to others, it can be considered to be the best cheap doorbell camera.
- The doorbell rings even though there is no one outside;
- Many occurrences of false alerts are recorded.
Zumimal Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Camera with Chime: Cloud Storage (optional), 32GB Pre-installed
- It has HD video quality, ensuring clear images and videos.
- Easy to set up with rechargeable batteries.
- Allows the 30s recorded voice message to play when someone rings
- Shows crystal clear at night with wide-angle vision
- IP65 weather-resistant.
Review of Zumimal Wi-Fi Video Doorbell:
Audio and video:
The device comes with a 1080p video resolution with a 166° view angle. This ensures that the images or videos captured are crystal clear.
The feature for communicating with the person at the door makes the doorbell even more convenient to use. Users can tell the delivery man to leave the parcel at the doorstep when they are at office or can yell at a random stranger to scare them away.
This Wi-Fi doorbell camera comes with excellent motion detection. Once the device detects any movement, it starts recording and instantly sends you a notification.
This helps users to take action upon viewing the video immediately. They can only observe who is knocking or can talk if they want to.
Power supply and weather resistant:
This wireless doorbell with a video camera comes with 2 18650 lithium batteries that can run up to 5 months. So this is for those who don’t like the hassle of wires.
The device is IP65 rating weather resistant, which means protection from 'tight dust.' It can save itself from the extreme weather condition.
This video doorbell has no monthly fees and offers consumers to choose between local SD or Cloud storage. It has a 32GB pre-installed SD card, and it provides a 7 day free trial for cloud storage. After that, the payment is required. The cloud storage will allow users to store all the video clips and images without having to delete any one of them due to a shortage of storage.
- Easy installation within 5 minutes
- Instant alert and notification upon detecting motion or doorbell
- It has a chime, so you don't need to buy another one.
- Replaceable batteries without any hassle of wiring,
- Day and night vision to alert users
- This doorbell camera is without any subscription as it has local storage.
- It takes a long time to start recording after detecting motion; by that time, the person walks away.
- Battery drains out very frequently.
[32GB Preinstalled] MECO Wi-Fi Video Doorbell: With Motion Detector, Night Vision, IP65 Waterproof
- Effortless setup within a few minutes.
- An unlimited number of users can have access.
- Free indoor chime comes along with the doorbell
- Built-in 32SD card that can store video up to 9 months
- Crystal clear video and audio
- User-friendly apps easy to use.
- PIR detection to easily detect humans and send immediate notification.
Review of MECO Wi-Fi Video Doorbell:
Audio and video resolution:
The doorbell has a 1080P full HD video with a 166° view angle. This provides clear video and image so that users can identify who is knocking at their door. The device supports night vision up to a distance of 16ft. It delivers crystal clear images during nighttime by adjusting with the ambient light.
Audio Communication feature is in the app with which users can hear when someone says something and response. Users can record a voice message up to 30 seconds and simply play it when someone arrives.
The doorbell has the feature to detect between humans and other objects like cars, trucks, etc. This is a great option to eliminate false alarms and only alert users when there is any human motion.
There is a flexible storage option with the Wi-Fi doorbell. Local storage is available where 128 GB SD card comes with the doorbell. Users can store clips and pictures for up to nine months.
They can also prefer to store them securely in the cloud. The cloud service is free for the first seven days; after that, a subscription is needed.
Batteries and Chime:
There are two 18650 lithium batteries, 6700mA capacity. They are replaceable, rechargeable, and removable. The app will notify you when the battery is low, with a 20% charge.
The doorbell comes along with a chime that will ring when someone presses the doorbell. It has three levels of volume, four different ringtones. Users can also mute the chime when they don't want anyone to disturb them.
Multiple sharing:It is one of the best camera doorbells that have an excellent option where an unlimited number of users can share the app and view the clips on the app. Also, a total number of 5 people can see together. This means your home is now more secured, if you are busy at a meeting, then your sister or mother can quickly receive alert and watch who is breaking in through the door.
- Easy to install within 2 minutes
- PIR detection with two levels of sensitivity
- Unlimited user access making the house more protected
- This is a doorbell without any subscription fees that come with a free SD card
- High-quality video and audio.
- Battery drains out very quickly;
- It often delivers false notifications, and the app needs to be improved.
Amcrest Video Doorbell Camera Pro: IP55 Weatherproof
- The setup is made by wiring it with existing doorbell;
- High video quality with 140° diagonal view;
- Free storage option. Cloud service available where the first 1-year usage is free of cost;
- Two-way audio communication.
Review of Amcrest Video Doorbell:
Video and 2-way audio:
The video has a 1920x1080p resolution and a 140° view angle. The night vision shows clear in-detailed pictures or videos. The device can capture up to 16 ft during the night.
Like many other doorbells, this one also supports communicating with the person at the door. The design includes two interchangeable faceplates. The doorbell connects to existing traditional, mechanical, or electrical chime.
This kind of identification can tell whether it is any human or a car is passing by, so the user is not disturbed with anything that moves. They are only alerted when it is any person at the front door.
This is a subscription-free video doorbell. It allows the user to select local or cloud services. The local service is free of cost that uses a micro SD card of 128 GB, class 10. The card is not included with the doorbell.
Users can also use cloud service, where they will get 1-year free trial option and after that, they have to pay monthly
Users have to download the Amcrest Smart Home app on their mobile. With the help of the app, they can see the camera at the front porch and communicate with people knocking at the door. They can also access the camera remotely.
Compatible devices:The Amcrest doorbell is compatible with the Amcrest SmartHome Deterrent Camera (ASIN: B07WK8FH3X), SmartHome PT Camera (ASIN: B0831TQHMP, B0821Q23GF) & SmartHome Outdoor Camera (ASIN: B0835WQHZY, B083TLW9JL), 16V, 30VA Doorbell Transformer ASIN: B001POBN92.
- Better audio and video quality;
- Free of cost to view videos;
- Works with other Amcrest devices;
- Works with traditional and different chimes;
- PIR detection to give appropriate alerts only.
- Not work with Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT
- Not support 5 GHz Wi-Fi.
- It is quite affordable and can be said to be the best budget, friendly video doorbell.
- Excellent audio and video quality
- Multiple users are allowed to have access
- Captures images during day and nighttime.
- Flexible storage option for users
- It can be set up on a flat surface or angle as per user requirement.
Review of eRing Video Doorbell:
The setup procedure is simple and easy. An existing doorbell is needed to set up the doorbell. It can be screwed down to a horizontal surface or on a slant surface.
Audio and video features:
The device has a 1920*1080 HD resolution with a 140° view angle. It delivers the right quality image or video clips to users.
Like other doorbells, eRing also has a communication option. Users can easily see who came to the door, hear if they say something to the doorbell and talkback with a reply. The 2-way audio comes with noise cancellation technology.
More than one user can access the doorbell and use the app. A total number of 5 people can use the app so that the user and other family members can use it.
eRing doorbell gives freedom to users to choose between local or cloud options. In local storage, users have to buy a micro SD card that can support up to 128 GB; after that, the old clips will be automatically removed by the new ones. The doorbell without subscription is better for users.
The cloud storage is unlimited and requires users to pay a certain amount. This is optional; the user can select anyone they like.
Night vision and motion detection:
eRing has night vision features that take clear photos even in the dark.
Whenever any movement is detected, the doorbell takes photos and immediately alerts the user. This helps to protect the house from thieves and burglars. Users can choose the motion sensitivity from low, medium to high levels.
- Multiple users can have access
- Excellent video and audio features with the noise cancellation process
- Very cheap
- Doorbell camera without monthly fees.
- Immediate alerts received with different levels of sensitivity.
- Doesn’t support any voice assistant;
- Sometimes the videos freeze, so it becomes difficult to view live-streaming.
- Exceptional audio and video quality
- IP65 waterproof device that can work in rainy, sunny or snowy weather condition
- Night vision with six infrared sensors that can take a picture even in pitch dark times.
- Freedom to choose between cloud or local storage
- Doorbell comes with a chime that can be muted when you don’t want anyone to disturb.
- PIR detection with different levels of sensitivity.
Review of AWOW J1 Video Doorbell:
The video has a 1080P HD quality with a 166 view angle. This gives identifiable and in-detailed pictures and video clips. The Night Vision feature also provides excellent footage quality even in the darkest time.
Two-way communications allow users to talk remotely to delivery boys and tell them to leave the package.
PIR feature and chime:
The AWOW J1 doorbell comes with a PIR feature that can identify humans and objects and will only notify you when it is a human. This reduces false alarms and increases the possibility of telling the user when it is essential to watch the door. Users can choose the level of sensitivity, which is 0s delay in high level, 5s in medium, and 10 s in low.
The doorbell comes with a chime that needs to pair with a doorbell in the app. When pairing is complete, the LED in the chime will be blue.
this video doorbell is without a subscription. The users can select local or cloud service. The local service uses a 16GB micro SD card, which comes along the doorbell, so you don't have to buy it.
The cloud service requires the user to pay a monthly subscription, but the first seven days are free to use.
Battery and multiple users:
Two 18650 batteries can run up to 6 months in standby mode. The wireless system makes it hassle-free to handle the doorbell. The batteries can be charged using a USB cable.
More than one person can have access to the doorbell. This is done with the help of 'Cloudedge' app. In this way, when one person is busy, another person can deal with the person at the door
- Low power consuming battery that can support up to 6 months;
- PIR detection which decreases false alarms;
- Support access to multiple users making the house more secured;
- Users can choose between local or cloud service;
- The doorbell is affordable.
- Doesn’t support voice assistant;
- There are cases where the doorbell gets triggered by cars and trees.
Ring Doorbell Video Security Camera: No Recording Storage Fees
- Excellent videos compared to 1080P videos;
- High-quality audio;
- Extra-large coverage of the front door due to a wide-angle view;
- Doorbell camera with no subscription;
- Thermal detection reduces the chances of fake alarms.
Review of Ring Video Doorbell:
Setup and design:
The doorbell needs to be wired with an existing bell of the user. The installation is pretty simple. All you need to do is set up the bell with the existing one, download the app, and connect to Wi-Fi.
The design is classy with three interchangeable faceplates of 3 colors. It has a 90-decibel alarm that can start ringing when an intruder comes.
The video is of 3MP ultra high definition quality with a 180° view angle that extends the height of the camera. It allows you to see any object left at your doorstep. During the nighttime, high-quality pictures are achieved similar to day times.
Users can talk to strangers remotely or when they don’t want to come to the door and tell them to come back later. Live streaming is also available.
There are two types of storage: Local and Cloud. Where most people back out from purchasing a doorbell due to subscription, this doorbell is free to use with a 16GB SD card. The micro SD card comes with the doorbell, and it can be extended up to 128GB.
Smart motion detection:
Ring Doorbell comes with Thermal motion detection, which can differentiate between living things and objects. Users can also select specific zones, and in this way, the probability of false notifications are reduced.
Previous videos will be stored in a timeline where blue mark denotes motion detection. This makes it easy for consumers to watch that specific part of the video instead of watching it all.
Mobile app needs to be installed to control and see the doorbell camera. Users can access and watch videos remotely without any hassle. The RCA Security All-In-One App should be installed to which can control other RCA cameras in the house.
Does Ring Doorbell Work without Subscription?
In a word, the answer is no. There are no ring doorbells without a subscription. Users don't have an option to choose between local SD or cloud storage. The Ring only supports Cloud storage, which comes with a cost. However, they offer to give a month trial for free, but after that, monthly fees need to be paid to use their service.
- 50% High-quality video compared to other 1080P videos
- Thermal motion detection
- Set up comes with angular mounting plates, which makes it easier to attach it on a slant height.
- RCA Security All-In-One App can monitor all RCA cameras throughout the house.
- No hidden cost, completely free and expandable storage.
- The doorbell is not compatible with voice assistants;
- The app should be improved.
You may also like to read: Comparison of 5 Best Camera
FAQs about Ring Doorbells are given so that users can have a better understanding of it.
This part will talk about whether Ring bell needs monthly fees, does it get stolen or hacked, or to find a way to save the video in Ring locally.
Can you use a ring doorbell without a subscription?
Yes, monitoring videos 24/7 or whenever you want is absolutely free. You can use all features associated with the doorbell. This is an advantage for users as they can use all options without any cost.
However, if you want to save video clips to watch back later, a monthly subscription fee is needed. The Ring Doorbell 2 provides a month free trial for users; after that, a certain amount has to be paid per month.
Can you save ring doorbell video without subscription?
No, unfortunately, no video will be saved without any monthly fees. Many users feel no need to save videos for later; they just need to know if anyone is sneaking or lurking at their front porch and if any delivery man suddenly comes when they are not at home. So there is no need for videos to watch later.
However, some people give importance to watch clips later as they always can’t check mobile due to a busy schedule. For them to save the day and night videos, a payment is needed as the doorbell use cloud storage.
Does ring doorbell have a monthly fee?
Yes, users can choose any one of their services for video recording. They are Basic and Protect.
What are the storage options for Ring?
There are no ring doorbells without a cloud. The only option of storage for Ring is their cloud service.
Will ring work without the internet?
The ring doorbell without Wi-Fi is not active and will not work or record any movement. You can’t view live videos or have remote access, but it will ring with a 'ding dong' sound when someone plays it.
Do ring doorbells get stolen?
In rare cases, just like anything, the ring doorbell can be stolen. In that case, bear in mind, the camera will record the face and everything about the person stealing it until it gets snatched off, and the power turns off. Users can always file a report to identify the thief.
If users forward the police report to Ring within two weeks, then they will send you a new doorbell for free.
Can ring doorbell be hacked?
Although Ring is continuously improving security, in some cases, a Ring doorbell can get hacked. It would be due to any weakness in their software. The hacker might have access to the users' Wi-Fi name and password.
However, Ring continuously takes care of such issues, and releases fix and automatic security updates for this.
Can ring doorbell record longer than 30 seconds?
Yes, it can. The Ring Doorbell can record from 20 to 60s. This is a limitation for Ring doorbells. The Ring doorbell and Ring doorbell 2 or battery-powered ones can record up to 20s. The Ring Pro or hardwired doorbells can record up to 60s.
Does ring doorbell record all the time?
Yes, ring doorbell will record all the time whether someone pushes the ring or not. The recording gets activated when the bell can detect any movement of any person. Users can select their zone of recording and sensitivity level for precise detection.
How to record ring video without a subscription?
The process to store video locally for the ring doorbell is described here. The android or iOS mobile phones can record the screen, it can be in there by default, or you can download any app that can do it.
When a notification comes for the ring doorbell, you open it and start viewing the live video, and then you can start recording the video using the built-in feature or the app.
The FAQ of Doorbell Camera:
So far, this writing has demonstrated a review of some of the best doorbell cameras. The frequently asked question section will answer any queries that are dangling in your mind. It will explain in short why you would buy the camera and some top wireless doorbells.
Is there a video doorbell without a subscription?
Yes, several doorbells allow users to use it without any monthly fees. Some of them are listed below:
- Amcrest Video Doorbell Camera Pro
- Doorbell Camera Wi-Fi, AWOW J1
- Wi-Fi Video Doorbell, MECO 1080P
- eufy Security
- Owlet Home
What is the best wireless video doorbell?
Some people don't have a problem with wired doorbells, others search specifically for wireless ones, especially renters. The following shows a list of some of the best wireless video doorbells:
- eufy Security Wi-Fi Video Doorbell
- DEBARK Smart Video Doorbell
- Remo+ RemoBell S Wireless Video Doorbell
- QNIGLO Wireless Doorbell
- SadoTech Wireless Doorbell
What are the best wireless doorbell cameras?
Some of the best battery powered doorbell cameras are:
- Honeywell Series 9 Wireless Portable Door Bell at Home Depot
- SadoTech Model CXR Wireless Doorbell
- AVANTEK D-3W Waterproof Wireless Doorbell Kit
- Magicfly Wireless Doorbell Kit
- Honeywell Premium Portable Wireless Doorbell
- Adoric Life Wireless Doorbell Waterproof Door Bell Kit
Are doorbell cameras worth it?
Absolutely. An ordinary bell will only make a sound to let you know you have a guest. The doorbell camera tells you top to bottom of the guest, wherever you are. It tells you whether the guest should be welcomed or not. Day or night, your whole house will be in tight security.To be safe with kids at home and to have the most secure house in the neighborhood, everyone should have a doorbell camera.
Do doorbell cameras record all the time?
The doorbells will always watch the door but will not always record. Almost all the doorbells get triggered by motion; once any movement is detected, the camera starts recording. Recording all the time increases file size, but we have limited memory, so it is not efficient.
The doorbell that has this capability is Nest Hello doorbell.
Who doesn’t want a secured and comfortable life? Well, the addition of one of the best security doorbells replacing ordinary ones enhances security, allowing you to control and protect your house. With remote access and high resolution of doorbells, users can keep an eye even when they are not at home and watch crystal clear videos to see who sneaks into the yard at night.
We have listed some of the best video doorbell cameras for your convenience. They have higher resolution, wider view angle, and ability to recognize family and friends, and super light night vision.We have also thought about the budget, and we feel that users should not pay any monthly fees to watch their doors. This article is to guide users to buy the best-rated video doorbells without a subscription-based on their criteria.